Peter Singer, CPA
Thirty-Five years of progressive accounting and finance work experience, including twenty-six with a fortune Fifty telecommunication company and five years with a major accounting firm.
Kulzer & DiPadova, P.A. May 2016 - Present
- Preparation of Estate Tax Returns Form 706, New Jersey Estate & New Jersey Inheritance Tax Returns
- Preparation of Estate & Trust Income Tax Returns on Form 1041
- Preparation of Estate Accounting
Kain & Company, LLC March 2011 - May 2016
- Preparation of C Corporation, S Corporation, Partnership, Phila BIRT & Individual Income Tax Returns
- Preparation of payroll & Sales Tax returns
- Preparation of Work Papers, Adjusting Journal Entries, Trial Balance Analysis and resulting Financial Statements
VERIZON COMMUNICATIONS November 1984 - March 2011
Senior Financial Analyst August 1997 - Present
- Perform the monthly close and provide senior management with financial reporting package, which accurately reflects company's performance and contains detailed explanations for significant fluctuations on the income statement and balance sheet. Assist in the timely identification of opportunities, risks, and emerging trends.
- Work to ensure that financial information is recorded timely, accurately, and in conformance with GAAP and regulatory standards
- Prepare Management Discussion & Analysis (MDA) fluctuation analysis required for External Reporting package and review by external auditors.
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SO) compliance support, which includes ensuring completeness in company web based SO template for organization owned processes, workpaper support for identified key controls and assist in responses to external auditor's inquiries.
Accounting Manager - Rate Case Support November 1987 - August 1997
- Served as back-up witness in four rate case proceedings
- Prepared and/or reviewed responses to regulatory commission interrogatories
- Provided convincing testimony in support of requested rate increases
- Coordinated regulatory finance issues impacting Operating Telephone Companies (OTCs) operations, which included budgets, business planning, and special investigations.
- Developed financial strategies to support consistency among individual OTCs.
Accounting Specialist - External Reporting November 1984 - November 1987
- Completed 10-Ks and 10-Qs for Bell Atlantic & OTCs to meet SEC reporting requirements and deadlines
- Responsible for providing support documentation and analysis for balance sheet, income statement, and other financial statement balances for footnote disclosure
Peter M. Singer, CPA January 1982 - Present
Sole Proprietor - Individual / Small Business Income Tax Preparation
- 175 individual tax clients
- Prepared Corporate, S Corporate, and Partnership tax returns
- Prepared Federal & New Jersey Estate tax returns
- Prepared Non-Profit Tax returns on Form 990
- Compiled Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flows and "Proof of Cash"
- 20 years of per diem work with tree South Jersey Accounting Firms
- 30 years in using ProSeries Income Tax Software
DELOITTE & TOUCHE July 1979 - November 1984
- Planned, budgeted, and organized all aspects of the audit engagements, reporting directly to the audit partner
- Determined accounting recognition, presentation, and disclosure of complex accounting issues
- Prepared financial statements and footnotes in conformity with GAAP
B.S. Accounting, Graduated: May 1979 - Drexel University, GPA Accounting 4.0; Overall 3.8
Certified Public Accountant, 1982
Microsoft Office Suite - Extremely Proficient (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook), Hyperion and QuickBooks