Succession Planning Seminar
Who Needs it and Why?
- General Discussion
- Internal vs. External
By Practice Type
- Sole Practitioners
- Biggest Risk?
- How & Where to start?
- Less risk?
- How & Where to start?
- Does a Buy/Sell Agreement Exist?
- Why not?
- General Discussion on Boilerplat Buy/Sell
- Financing the Buyout
- Life insurance in the event of death
- DI in the event of disability
- Bank Financing
- Collection Financing
- Assessign risk of partners delivering on a promise
- Multi Partner Firms / LLCs (Simlar Discussion to Partnerships)
- Valuing and Interest or a Firm
- Internal Transaction - Is there a "hometown" discount?
- Can the transaction be financed?
- Delivering on a promise?
- Action on a positive course
- Action on a negative course
- Valuing Your Interest
- Historical Trends
- PA Pricing by Regions
- Methods of Valuation
- Structuring a Transaction
- General discussion using a PAS Boilerplate Letter of Intent
- Other Factors
- Non Comp
- A/R & WIP
- Fixes Assets
- Office Leases / R/E
- Employment / Consulting Opportunities
- Sale vs. Merger
- Why & when to consider?
- Is a merger a different type of valuation?
- How to get your practice ready for a transaction
- Things to do
- Things to avoid
- Time Frame determination
- Q & A
Will Take Questions During Seminar as Well.
||October 17, 2018 06:00 pm
||October 17, 2018 08:00 pm
||To learn and ask questions about Selling and / or buying a Tax / Accounting practice
|IRS Program Number
||1 year tax preparation experience
|Field of Study
NJAPA has always been dedicated to increasing and maintaining a high standard of proficiency and integrity among its members; cultivating a spirit of professional cooperation among its members; and establishing good will and understanding between the public and the membership.
|| 1423 Tilton Road, Unit 1
Since 1993, Cliff has been responsible for the Middle Atlantic and New England regions of Professional Accounting Sales, a brokerage firm specializing in accounting practice sales, mergers and exit strategies.
The Professional Accounting Sales Network has been responsible for the sale and merger of more than 1000 accounting, tax and audit practices with gross revenue exceeding $250 million. Professional Accounting Sales specializes in practices ranging from $100,000 to $3,000,000.
Previous work experience includes owning and operating Reiter Resources, Inc., an information technology and accounting search firm located in New York; 7 years as a Senior VP with Morgan Petroleum and Damson Oil in the oil and gas tax shelter business along with stints as a Business Analyst with several Fortune 500 companies. Cliff holds MBA's from Fairleigh Dickinson University (Finance) and Pace University (Management) and BE in Chemical Engineering from New York University.
Cliff also speaks regularly on Exit Strategies for Accountants with various state and local CPA chapters.